This is what we email subscribers every Friday around lunchtime – just in time for the weekend:
- Upcoming wine events – tastings and shows
- Winery of the Week – a new find every week
- Wine of the Week – the best wine of the week with links to merchants with the best prices
- 20 or so of the Best White, Red, Rose, Sparking and Dessert wines we found this week, with links to the best buys. Check out 3 wines from the latest Best Buys Weekly below.
- Spot Specials – great one-off deals
- Evergreen bargains – always good buys
- Latest blog posts – irreverent insights & stories.
Get the first 4 Best Weekly mailers for free
Here’s a short sample from Best Buys Weekly November 13, 2015
- Devil’s Ridge Block 21 Hunter Semillon 2014 – $9 at Kemenys. This is a great Semillon despite its humble price, enjoyable even at this early stage but the balance suggest that it will also respond well to a few years in a cool, dark place. 92 points.
- Topers Chardonnay 2013 – This is a lovely Cowra Chardonnay from a tiny boutique, classy and polished, one of the best under $20 chardies I’ve had in 12 months. I’d happily recommend it as a bargain at the normal $18 asking price, but the owner has agreed to offer the wine to BWU$20 subscribers for $13 a bottle. That is $78 per 6-pack or $156 per dozen, plus freight as currently quoted on the website.
- Rosemount Traditional Red 2012 – $15 at MyCellars where shipping is free for subscribers for any quantity with promo code BWU20. Made from Cabernet, Merlot and Petit Verdot grown in McLaren Vale, it’s a big, rich and generous wine with lovely sweet fruit touched up with smart oak. I can see this wine pleasing big crowds. The judges liked it too and gave it 2 trophies and several golds. 93 points.